It is the pride of all car owners to have their car looking spic and span, and shining all the time. This can be made possible with the right maintenance of the car, which is not only the washing of the car, but also its regular waxing.
Here are some tips that have to be followed to ensure that you get the best shine from your car wax:
- Make sure that the car is washed, and dried before waxing. If wet, you will not get the desired shine.
- Choose your car wax wisely; if in doubt ask the car dealer which car wax is the best for your car. This is because some car waxes have abrasives that can damage the coat and lacquer finish of the car. Some car waxes are also harmful to dark colored cars; so it is always safer to use a non-abrasive wax on the car.
- It is important that you wax the car when it is not too hot or cold; so wax with the car parked in a cool and shady spot. If this is not possible, wax a part of the car at a time so that the wax doesn’t get baked to the car.
- All this done, you have to dip a damp wax sponge into the car wax and rub it on the car in small circles. If any wax gets lodged in seams and jambs, remove it with an old and soft toothbrush.
- It is always better to work at different parts of the car at a time and cover the car’s surface. On completion, it will be time to remove the wax.
- This has to be done with the help of soft terry towels or cloth diapers which are used to wipe off wax in the same order you had applied it.
- To avoid wax buildup and streaking on the car, you have to shake this towel or diaper as you work.
- After this, lean on the car’s surface to look down its sides, front and back to check if there is any residual wax. Then polish the entire car using a cheesecloth or cloth diaper.
- When washing your used towels, pads and cloths, wash them with liquid fabric softener so that they remain soft. This prevents them from scratching the car the next time they are used for waxing the car.
Stand back, admire your waxed car and praise yourself for a job well done!